5 Ways To Beat The Stag Do Stresses
It's all very well saying yes to being best man, because let's face it, it's quite an honour, however, your jobs don't just consist of carrying the ring and making sure the groom gets to the church on time, you also have the ultimate task, the task that tops all tasks, and thats arranging the stag do.
For any well seasoned holiday planner arranging 20 men to Prague or even Bournemouth is going to be a huge ball ache, guys are notorious to committing, forgetting and then demanding (hen parties are a whole different ball game so don't feel so bad on yourself for being a man!).
First of all you need to arm yourself with some solid stag do knowledge, which you must use from day one.
Whether you have just passed wind, or changed the karting from 1pm to 11am the whole group needs to know about it. Communication is key to arranging a successful stag do, if people have all the information they need before they go, then they'll leave you to enjoy the stag weekend as they have all the information you have!
Ideas on what to communicate:
- Date of stag do (if it ever changes, everyone will need to know)
- Payment deadlines
- Addresses for hotel, activity venues etc.
- Activity and hotel descriptions
- What to wear (daytime activities, nightclubs, fancy dress themes etc.)
- Dietary Requirements to the venue, if any
- Any restrictions that may apply such as; age, weight, height etc.
"How do I communicate this information?"
Set up a facebook page (you can make it private if you wish) with all the information on, this can include plenty of banter between everyone and you can also get great ideas from the boys to stitch up the stag, talking about stag do pranks take a look at our top 10.
Alternatively, to keep it old school you can set up an email group which is not only great for banter but will give you ample opportunity to communicate all your information.
"That's all very good and that, but what about guys in the stag do that don't communicate back to me straight away?"
3. Allow Yourself Breathing Space
- Everyones names for flight bookings
- API (airline passenger information) now a legal requirement before you travel all airlines want your passport information weeks before you fly
- Payment deadlines
- Rooming lists
- Meal requirements
4. Get Tough
5. Use a reputable stag do company
Now I am not going to bang-on about how great DesignaVenture is, because reading this and many of our other articles and seeing our reviews on Trustpilot you will already know this, but I think using a stag do company like DesignaVenture will cut your stress in half, at least.
For example DesignaVenture and other reputable stag do companies can do the following:
- Arrange the whole stag weekend for you saving you bundles of time
- Stag do members can pay individually direct to the company via their website or over the phone
- They will send you out an information pack (electronically) with all the details you need in so you can forward it on to the group
- Not forgetting, helping you sort names for the flights, rooming lists, dietary requirements etc.