Stag Do Destination Guide: Budapest
Budapest, is the capital of Hungry an old Eastern Bloc landlocked country bordering Slovakia, Ukraine, Romania, Serbia, Croatia, Slovenia and Austria - now that's a lot of border control!
Before we get up to our elbows in what's on offer to stag parties venturing out to Hungry's capital city, Budapest, let's hammer down on some pointless and uninteresting (but secretly interesting) facts about this amazing stag do destination:
- Average Temperature: June 24ºC | July 26ºC | August 26ºC
- Rainfall: 620mm per year
- Population: 1.7 million (est.)
- It's Hot: But not in the way you're thinking, Budapest has more thermal water springs than any other capital.
- Height: No Building in Budapest is over 96 metres high
- Puzzle: The inventor of the 80s phenomenon "Rubik's Cube was invented by Erno Rubik who was born in Budapest, he must have made a fortune!
- Biggest Festival : In August for a whole week, Budapest is home to the biggest music festival on mainland Europe, attracting more than 100,000 people. Acts like Foo Fighters, Ed Sheeran, Florence & The Machine, Twenty One Pilots are all lined up to play this August (2019).
One of the most popular nights is the Spa Party (Summer Months Only), basically it's a nightclub in a huge swimming pool complex, which has been heated by the Budapest thermal springs, so the water is going to be hot!
Head over to the DesignaVenture website for loads more Budapest stag do ideas.
Most of the activities we sell on the DesignaVenture website are guided (by friendly female English speaking guides) and include transport if needed, taking the hassle from trying to order a Uber in Hungarian. Actually Uber has ceased trading in Hungry due to government legislation so apparently the current closest alternative is Taxify!
Getting Around BudapestGetting around Budapest is pretty straight forward, use Google Maps on your smartphone as most nightlife is walkable, there is also an underground and plenty of cabs.
Alternatively get your stag group to join Bubi.
What the hell is Bubi I hear you ask?
Well I am glad you asked, Bubi is Budapest's version of the Boris Bike, it's cheap as chips though, for €3 you can hire one for three days however there are a few details you need to take note:
- You need to register with an email address and phone number
- Your card will be charged an €80 security bond which will be refunded once your ticket has expired and you've returned a bike safely.
- Bubi bikes are only really available in Pest, Buda is apparently too hilly but there are some stations.
- You can only use a bike for a maximum of 30 minutes at any one time otherwise they will charge extra.
- All prices are correct at time of this post being released (Feb 2019).