Stag Do Destination Guide: Edinburgh
The Scottish capital of Edinburgh is no stranger to stag parties and has been one of the most popular stag do destinations since, well forever!
You'll understand why once you get there, the Scottish sure know how to party.
But before we get knee deep into why Edinburgh is such a fantastic stag do destination lets have some very uninteresting, but secretly interesting, facts about this incredible city.
- Population: 489,000 (estimated)
- Temperatures: June 17℃, July 19℃ & August 18℃
- Rainfall: 750mm per year
- The Festival Month: Unless you're going to attend the Edinburgh Fringe Festival or The Tattoo I would try to avoid August for your stag weekend (see Festival Month below)
- A Writer's Paradise: JK Rowling actually wrote some of Harry Potter in a cafe called The Elephant, taking inspiration from the landscape.
- Extinct Volcano: The Edinburgh Castle sits on an extinct volcano which last erupted 200 million years ago - I expect it's going to go off when your stag party gets to town!!!
HOW TO GET TO EDINBURGH
ACCOMMODATIONEdinburgh has on offer a multitude of different types of stag friendly accommodation, from standard hotels to lavish 4 star properties on Princes street, renting large houses to staying in deluxe hostels. Basically, there's accommodation to suit all budgets.
When booking always aim to be within walking distance of one of the following areas:
- Princes Street
- Royal Mile
- West End
Stag Do Activities currently on offer in Edinburgh:
- Bubble Football
- Highland Games
- Turbo Cricket
- White Water Rafting
- Rage Buggies
- Quad Bikes
- See More
Grassmarket is where you'll usually find busy bars, lively themed restaurants and epic nightclubs.
The West End is the other side of Princes Street (The West End funnily enough) and offers themed bars, night clubs and gentlemen's clubs.
What I think makes Edinburgh a truly incredible place to have your stag weekend is the atmosphere, the locals are friendly and the city itself has a historical sense of style, with it's old buildings all overlooked by a very impressive castle.
THE FESTIVAL MONTH (AUGUST)
Head over to the Edinburgh stag party section of the DesignaVenture website for packages and more activities than you can shake a stick at!
Whatever you get up to, have a good one.