Stag Do Destination Guide: Newcastle
Newcastle is the party town of the North East and has been welcoming stag parties for flipping years.
It's infamous for fantastic nightlife and friendly locals and if you've never been out in Newcastle you'll need to have a word with yourself and get yourself up there, it's an experience you will never forget!
Let's get some crappy facts first, before we get knee deep in why you should have your next stag do in Newcastle:
- Population: 268,064 (ish)
- Average Summer High Temperatures: June 15℃, July 18℃ & August 18℃
- Average Rainfall: 604mm per year - one of the driest major cities in the UK
- Uni Life: Newcastle's university according to QS World 2016 University rankings is in the top 1% of the world with the added benefit of the best best student nightlife in the UK
- Drink!: Newcastle Brown Ale is America's most imported British Ale PLUS Lucozade was invented in Newcastle, the World's first EVER energy drink.
- Accent: We can't go any further without mentioning the accent, which was voted the friendliest in the UK.
Nightlife In The Toon
There's nightlife all over Newcastle but let's concentrate on the main areas:
Sitting right on the River Tyne with views over The Tyne Bridge, Quayside is a popular location for stag and hen parties looking for cool and stylish bars. It's not the cheapest place to drink in Newcastle however in the Summer when the sun is shining there's no better place to drink in Newcastle.
Loads of bars and clubs all under one roof, so if it's cold outside, it'll be hot at The Gate! Full of stag and hen parties, in my mind a must visit if you like a raucous night out.
A great little area of Newcastle 1 or 2 stops on the Metro from the centre. You will find loads of students bars selling the cheapest drinks in town - the best area for Happy Hours.
Popular stag do packages in Newcastle
Old Town Newcastle
A great area of Newcastle where you can get your fair share of real ale pubs and bars. Covering Dean Street, Pilgrim Street and Grey Street.
Seriously, if you cannot find a good night out in any if the above places maybe you need to have a good look at yourselves, ask some questions!
Activity IdeasOur most popular stag do activities in Newcastle include:
- Quad Biking
- Dirt Buggies
- Bubble Football
- Indoor / Outdoor Karting
- It's a Knockout
Where to stay
Gateshead is also a great option as you're only 1 or 2 stops on the Metro, or you can walk across the Millennium Bridge.
Jesmond again is only 1 or 2 stops on the Metro to the city centre. Jesmond also has lots of bars and pubs, many offering fantastic happy hour offers. A great place to pre load before hitting the city centre.
Whatever and wherever you choose to have your stag weekend, have a great one!