Stag Do Destination Guide: Cardiff
Cardiff, the Welsh capital, is famous for having incredible nightlife and being extremely friendly making it one of the most desirable stag do destinations in the UK.
Before we get knee deep in reason why Cardiff should be your chosen stag do destination here are some pointless and uninteresting (but secretly interesting) facts about Cardiff:
- Average Temperature: June 18ºC | July 20ºC | August 20ºC
- Rainfall: 710mm per year
- Population: 357,200 (est.)
- Sunnier Than Milan: Cardiff has more sunlight (on average) than Milan, now that's something to be proud of.
- Sporty: Cardiff has won the "European City For Sport" twice, once in 2009 and again in 2014.
- Rum Baa Baa: Captain Morgan, the man featured on the most famous Rum bottle in the world, was born in Cardiff in 1635, his real name is Sir Henry Morgan, he's actually a real person and if you drink enough you'll see him!
- Birthplace Of A World Famous Author: Roald Dahl was born just outside Cardiff, as a child he took a disliking to a sweet shop keeper so he hid a dead mouse in one of his sweet jars.
- Now That's A record: Cardiff is home to the World's oldest record shop, opened in 1894 selling wax cylinders for phonographs, Spiller Records now sells vinyl and CD's from loads of different genres including Hip Hop, Jazz, Rock and Indie, situated in Morgan Arcade if you fancy a visit.
Cardiff Has The Most Varied Stag Do Activities In The UK....
In The City CentreDon't fancy travelling too far from your hotel?
Well you're in luck my friend as Cardiff has some pretty decent stag do activities within the city. You can White Water Raft, go Deep Sea Fishing, race Indoor Karts, play Bubble Football, escape from an Escape Room or play Shock Football all within either walking or a short cab ride from the centre.
White water rafting in the centre of Cardiff, how does that work?
The White Water Centre is situated in Cardiff Bay, it's man-made and is actually built to an Olympic standard, it's no log flume put it that way!
Travel a little further....However if you travel a little further out of Cardiff you will be treated to some brilliant stag do activities such as Canyoning, Rage Buggy Racing, Quad Trekking, Paintball, Welsh Games also known as Cymru Games, It's A Knockout there are simply too many activities to mention. The DesignaVenture website has loads of stag do ideas and activities in Cardiff.
Cardiff Is Belting At NightNo one parties like the Welsh and on a weekend Cardiff has an electric atmosphere. There are loads of pubs, bars and clubs to explore whether you're in the Cardiff Bay area or the old town.
Head to Tiger, Tiger just off Queen Street for private booths, pre drinks packages and an awesome atmosphere, Pryzm for many dancefloors, private booths and also offers some brilliant pre drinks packages.
Popular bars in the city centre for stag and hen groups include Walkabout, Revolution, Missoula and Soda plus there's a couple of lap dancing clubs for some midnight mischief.
My advice is to book into as many venues as possible for your whole weekend as you don't want to be wondering the streets of Cardiff looking for places to get in when all the venues are and turning away stag groups.
Within most of DesignaVenture's stag do packages in Cardiff there are lots of nightlife options, you can also build your own stag do in Cardiff.
Cardiff has loads of different accommodation options, from Deluxe Hostels to 4 and 5 star city centre hotels, there are also hotels on the outskirts of town which are great value for money and offer one way trips into town, then you make your own way back.
Hot Tip: When there's rugby or an event going on in Cardiff, hotel rates can be a bit pricey so try and pick a weekend when there's nothing going on at the Principality Stadium (aka Millennium Stadium) or Cardiff Arms Park.
In my mind Cardiff is a brilliant stag do destination loved by tens of thousands of DesignaVenture stag parties, don't worry they won't all be there on the same weekend, we have been in business since 2003!