10 Best Man Top Tips
Best Men everywhere, it's time to sit up and take note!
You now have a job where you'll need to step up to the plate, show your worth. Your best mate is about to get married and he has asked you to be the third most important person at the wedding.
Obviously it goes:
- Best Man (that's you)
# Top Tip 1 - Have The Chat
# Top Tip 2 - Create The Killer Best Man Speech
- Use great gags, but make them tasteful
- Include positive things that have happened to the groom
- Make a joke of yourself, people like a little self-deprecation!
- Try it out out on a female friend who has a good sense of humour (the speech I am talking about!!). She will more than likely tell you the truth.
- Practice it more than just a few times
- Print it out onto cards, if you're going to shake, cards are more solid
- Don't forget to end the speech with a toast to the bride and groom
#Top Tip 3 - Create An Immense Stag Do
Keep it within budget otherwise it'll be just you and the stag!
SCHOOL BOY ERROR ALERT: Don't book it for the night before wedding.
#Top Tip 4 - Look After Him On The Stag
#Top Tip 5 - Turn Up For Non Wedding Day Events
- Suit fitting
- Wedding meetings
- Pre wedding meals
- Wedding rehearsal
#Top Tip 6 - Be There For The Groom
#Top Tip 7 - Know Your Guests
#Top Tip 8 - Don't Peak Too Soon
# Top Tip 9 - Are You Up For The Job?
Can I step up to the mark? My speech writing is awful, what am I going to do? I simply don't have the time!
WAIT! Your best mate has asked you to be his wingman, so bat those nagging doubts for six and have some belief in yourself, hey hey hey, some of you have too much belief in yourself, this is your opportunity to be humble!