Stag Do - UK or Abroad?
Over the years more and more stag weekends have been spent abroad, on a beach in Magaluf or on a bar crawl in Berlin, abroad stag dos are just the norm.
So this post quickly compares having your stag do in the UK to having a stag weekend Abroad. Which is the best destination for your stag party?
So why consider the UK for your stag do?
- Incredible nightlife
- A full spectrum of brilliant activities geared up to stag and hen parties
- A huge variety of destinations, from rural North Wales, to beach resorts such as Bournemouth and Newquay to lively cities such as Liverpool, Newcastle and Bristol.
- A multitude of different stag friendly accommodation, from big party houses to high end hotels
- Cheaper than going abroad*
- Easier to get to your chosen stag destination
- You don't need so much time off work
- You don't need your passport
- Environmentally friendly
*Flights are very expensive in 2020 due to Thomas Cook's demise, airlines have kindly increased their fares as competition is less.
Choose an abroad destination for your stag do?
- If you're looking for guaranteed sunshine, head to the Med, Canaries or Vegas!
- Cheap Beer when you get there, Prague and Bratislava are destinations of cheap pints - check our our post on the cheapest stag destination for pint
- Wild nightlife
- You can get the Eurostar to Amsterdam, so giving your stag group a "caring for the climate" badge
- Wild activities abroad including AK47 shooting, beer bikes where you don't have to bring your own booze, outrageous stag pranks and fantastic festivals
- The adventure of going abroad with all your mates
- Travel broadens the mind
|Average Prices in 2018|
In my mind, culture can come from any experience abroad; drinking in a foreign bar, going to a nightclub, or eating in a McDonalds where English isn't the first language - if you don't experience these things, then your mind won't be broadened - I need a sit down after those words of wisdom.
In a nutshell I think there will be two very important factors before any of the other points are considered, where the stag or group wants to go and then the cost - in that order.
Whatever you get up to, have a good one.